Saturday, May 9, 2009

Hayden farmers market!!!

Hello everyone!
 
The plans for the Hayden Farmer's Market have been shaping up.  I would like some time to discuss at the next Garden Club meeting on May 18th if possible.   
 
The vision:  The farmer's market that I envision would be a small town community event that could generate revenue for the local business that chose to have evening hours on the evening of the farmer's market, could draw the community out for a social event once a week, and could generate the sale of fresh produce, homegrown and handmade products. 
 
I have had lots of positive feedback and excitement from everyone that I have talked with regarding having a farmer's market in Hayden.  There have been discussion of having it on Walnut Street as well as having it on a weekday evening.  Most people felt that Friday's would conflict with other weekend plans and especially the restaurant's said that they could not participate on Friday evenings.  I had specifically talked to the business on the street about having in on Thursday's but as Craig has organized their market for Thursday, we will look at Wednesday's evenings with set-up starting at 4:00 pm and the market going from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm and break-down done by 9:00 pm.  The farmer's market will be on the Hayden town agenda on May 21st. So it would be great if we had a good showing from the Gardening Club members at that meeting. 
 
I am starting a list of vendors.  So, if you are interested in selling some of your products/produce, please send me an email so I can gather names, numbers, and list of products to be sold. 
 
I have not been contacted by any of the club members regarding input for the farmer's market so I would love your suggestions and input.  Please don't hesitate to drop me an email.
 
Happy gardening.
Suzanne Banning
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment